Attitude, behaviour and respect
Aikido is a modern Japanese martial art, as such we incorporate many aspects of Japanese culture into training. This includes cultivating the correct attitude, being respectful to your seniors (sempai), as well as your juniors and training partners. Everyone, basically.
All students (including children) are required to read the Dojo Etiquette page, and abide by it. If a student repeatedly transgresses these rules, their training will be terminated, and no refunds will be given.
Your training fees help keep the dojo open and available for you and your children to train. Please show respect to the dojo and pay your fees on time. A martial arts dojo is not the same as swimming classes, personal training or other activities. Your Sensei and sempai have trained for decades in the art of Aikido and bring this expertise and cultural awareness to help you enrich your lives and become better people. Your fees are not a transaction to buy a disposable plastic product. Your fees support the work of the dojo in our mission to help everyone lead enriched more peaceful lives.
Children’s training fees
- We devote our time to teaching your children Aikido, not chasing you for payment. Please make your payments prompt and timely.
- Training fees are due on a term by term basis, due before the start of each term’s first class. You can pay your fees online, or in cash.
- If your child joins in the middle of term you will need to pay for the remained of the the term, less the free class(es) that your child attended. You can pay online with a discount voucher that we will provide to you, or in cash.
- Unfortunately we are unable to provide make up classes if your child misses a class for any reason, fees are still due for the missed classes.
Adult and student training fees
- Fees are due on the first of the month. Sign up and pay online to automate this process.
- You can train all available classes during this month, for your fees.
- If you are unable to train for one to several weeks due to illness or holiday, your fees are still due, to support the continued running of the dojo.
- If you are expecting to be away for a longer period of time, then you must talk with Sensei about it.
Updates to Term and Conditions
These terms and conditions may be updated at our discretion.